1. Most of us work in sedentary jobs that require us to sit for 8 hours plus a day.
2. Most of the country is obese and/or struggling with weight/diet related health problems.
3. Technology has made it extremely easy for us to live most of our lives without barely a movement.
4. Government subsides make it cheaper for us to buy a Big Mac than a salad.
5. Most of the food we eat isn’t actually food at all, and causes more harm than good to our bodies.
6. Our country demands that in order to be successful, you must keep a fast pace at work, constantly striving for more responsibilities, working longer hours and taking less breaks. Not to mention that when you are at home, you’re also expected to be working and/or responding to work related emails. (And if you’re not, then you’re clearly not a devoted and motivated employee.)
7. Because of these high stress jobs, poor dietary habits and sedentary lifestyles, Americans are increasingly medicated to fix problems that could easily be cured by simply moving a bit more, eating real food and relaxing every once in awhile.
Is this really the American dream?
Just some thoughts for a rainy Monday.