I just sort of feel like I should be blogging, so here goes.
It’s been a while since I have posted much of anything, and I wish that I could say I would do it on the regular, but I cannot promise that.
I do feel like I have a lot to say most days, but I sort of can’t figure out a good way to say it.
The focus of my life right now is mostly getting back into killer shape which means: training for a few races, experimenting with new yoga studios (uh, and actually DOING the yoga) and fine tuning my diet to ready myself for bikini season. (Is one ever really ready for bikini season?!) Lots of green smoothies, protein, lunchtime gym visits and weekend long runs in my life these days.
Other than eating healthy and working out, this spring is so far looking to be fairly packed with fun stuff. So in no particular order, here is what I have to look forward to leading up to my second summer living in DC:
1. Matt’s birthday! The boyfriend is turning the big 3-3 next week, so I’m trying to figure out what kind of sweets to make for him. I’m considering…
2. The Cherry Blossom 10 Miler! I got into this ever so popular race via lottery, so I am pumped to run it for the first time with my girl Laney and thousands of other friends. People say it’s too crowded of a race, but I am certainly used to that after running the Cooper River Bridge Run every year while in Charleston.
3. The weekend after CUCB, Shannon and I are running in the More Fitness Women’s Half Marathon in Central Park. Not only am I SUPER excited about A) running in Central Park, B) spending the weekend with Shannon but also, I couldn’t be more thrilled to have another weekend in NYC. I <3 the Big Apple, big time. It’s so awesome to live just a short train/bus ride away! (It’s even better to have a good friend who lives there who I love spending time with.)
4. VACAY!!! Matt and I are taking a short vacation for really, the first time ever in our almost 7 year relationship. We have went away for many a weekend, but never a specific vacation together. Weird, I know, but it hasn’t been for lack of trying. We’re almost 90% certain we will be heading back to Charleston to beach, EAT, drink and spend time with our SC friends…but we’re also semi-considering a Caribbean trip as well…we shall see.Colonial Lake, what what!!
5. BASEBALL SEASON!! Since moving to DC, we have become semi-obsessed with heading to Nats Park for games. The Cubs are in town the second week in May, so we will definitely be heading over to see that match up! (Matt is a big Cubs fan and now that I’m here, I pull for the Nats. He will pull for the hometown team whenever it’s not against Chicago.)
6. Capitol Hill Classic 10k. Another 10k race I will be running with friends, woot! (I’m also not ashamed to admit that I signed up for this mostly in part due to their awesome logo. Branding at it’s finest!)
7. Zooma Annapolis 1/2 Marathon. The weekend after the Capitol Hill Classic, Laney, Shannon and I will be heading to Annapolis for this 1/2. Super pumped about the possibility of getting a second medal if I set a 1/2 marathon PR. Wooooo.
…and that takes us into summer, where I am sure more fun stuff awaits me. But the next three months are shaping up fairly nicely! Oh…and Happy Friday